Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Appearing to be lazy

I am supposed to be writing a review of AB:VH, Circus of the Damned. I have every intention of doing this but I want to actually re-read it and I need to finish like 4 other books first. I don't know WHY I want to re-read it, but as I've said before, I am clearly a masochist (albeit one suffering without any hope of a big pay-off).

I am nearly finished with Shadowheart, TRIUMPHANT CONCLUSION of the Shadowmarch series by Tad Williams. I will not even make a cursory attempt to review it. After 4 books and 3000 pages, the best I could do is this:
Book 1: Storyline is established
Book 2: Storyline continues
Book 3: Storyline keeps continuing
Book 4: Storyline is concluded, but not totally
As reviews go, that would be wholly unsatisfying. And utterly fucking pointless. Suffice it to say, it is the epitome of Epic Fantasy. Fairies, walking, fighting, magic, swords, crazy monarchs and crazier gods. Plus 1000 pages more than are necessary.

I am reading The Butterfly Revolution by William Butler, which is similar to Lord of the Flies. I'm only a third through it, but it's interesting. I'm not reviewing this one either. It's only 200 pages long, go read it yourself.

I am also reading The Spirit Lens by Carol Berg, but I'm only 50 pages in so maybe this doesn't count.

Plus, I have to start reading The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen. I would rather eat my own eyeballs for breakfast.

I'll be back soon-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment