Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Checking in.

Right!

So, I’m still several days away from official Kindle ownership (somehow? I feel like I need to have this device in my possession before I can really commit to reviewing/recapping, which is dumb, right? Yet it appeals to my special brand of OCD, and I can’t fight crazy).  I’m also clearly several hours of design work away from having a blog that does not make me want to throw up with it’s a) preciousness, b) redundancy, and/or c) eyes-popping-out-of-skull-with-the-nightmare-graphic-relief …ery … yeah. Those things. Suffice to say, I was supposed to make some headway on the second problem over Christmas break. Instead I chose to eat cookies and play Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood. And jump around my living room like a lunatic because a glowing box on top of my television now tells me it’s okay to do that.

So please pardon the blood and fluids while this brainchild is messily birthed into the uncaring and overpopulated world of book blogs.

As a bit of a teaser, yes, of course we plan on reviewing most* of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series. Our recent lengthy (and hilarious) conversations on the subject are the cause of this blogs creation … for good or ill. Janet has gracefully volunteered to start them over again specifically for this purpose – though how anyone can bear to read them twice is a feat far beyond my comprehension. So let’s just wish her the best and hope she comes out alright. I’m still slogging through #6, which is proving to be one of the greatest trials of my life. Seriously. Rinsing habanero juice out of my eye was more enjoyable.

Introductions? Maybe. Eventually. Once I get past the whole “god I fucking hate introductions” thing.

* I just now noticed there are nineteen – soon to be twenty -  of the AB:VH books in existence. TWENTY. WTF. There is no god.

1 comment: